School Timing & Tardiness Policy
- School days start at 7:30 am and end at 3:00 pm.Students are expected to be at school by 7:35 am maximum in order to attend the morning line.
- Students entering the school after 8:00 am must pass by the front office to get a tardy slip in order to be able to enter the class.
- Students entering school after 8:00 am will lose marks from the subject of the first session.
- School Gate will be closed at 8:15 am.
- Students who arrive after 8:15 am will not be allowed to enter without his/her parent.
- School will take the required action against students with repetitive tardiness.
- Students leaving by car should be picked up no later than 3:15pm.
- The school will not permit students to leave the school by a different arrangement without a written note from parents.
- Parents are expected to call two hours before dismissal time.
- Last minute parent' phone calls are not accepted.
- Students leaving school before the regular dismissal time should have a very serious excuse for leaving.
Parents/guardians of students are always welcome to visit GHIS staff members. However, prior arrangements need to be made through the school administration.
All visitors attending school to meet teachers, supervisors, stage coordinators and/or school principals without prior arrangements will not be allowed to meet their required person.
School installments are scheduled on August, December, and February.
School Uniform Policy
- All students are required to wear the GHIS school uniform provided by Rose Marie Stores.
- Shoes must be black, preferably leather, except for the P.E. sessions.
The following items are not permitted in school:
- Earrings (other than studs)
- Nose and extra ear piercings.
The following rules should be respected:
- Tight or slim pants are totally unacceptable. (Students wearing tight or slim pants will be considered as out of uniform). Students will be asked to buy another pair of pants.
- Ice caps & scarfs must be DARK BLUE ONLY, otherwise the student will be asked to take them off.
- For boys:
- No necklaces are allowed.
- SHAVING BEARDS IS A MUST.
- Long and/or untidy hair is not allowed.
- School management reserves the right to reject any new hair style it deems inappropriate for school.
- For girls:
- Makeup, nail polish, hair dye, and loose hair strands are not allowed.
- Bus students should leave school in their assigned busses.
- It's not allowed by any means to change busses after the start of the school year.
- Students should wait for their bus according to the time given to parents at the beginning of the year. It will not be possible for the bus to wait for late students.
- Students are not allowed to ride in another student's car unless a written request from the parents is submitted to the school administration before 11:00 am.
- Students are not allowed to leave in another student's car if it is driven by a student.
School Bus Conduct
- Students must be seated at all times while bus is moving.
- Students must not use inappropriate language with others.
- Students must respect adults on the bus.
- Students must remain quiet and not disturb the driver.
- Students listening to IPods, MP3 players should ensure that the volume is low and that they are not disturbing any other passenger.
- Avoid talking to the matron or the driver in an inappropriate way.
- The bus matron has the authority to assign seating for any disruptive student.
- Student misbehavior on the bus will be reported to the school administration. Necessary action will be taken against the student.
At all levels, homework is an essential part of the curriculum. If homework is not completed, the student's grades will be affected.
- It is the responsibility of the student and parent to develop a routine for completing homework each night.
- Students are expected to submit all HW assignments on time.
- Students must check the Wiki homework logs online as no more Daily Planners will be distributed.
- Parents are expected to check Wiki homework logs online daily to ensure that their child has completed the assigned homework.
- Students will receive the textbooks for their respective subjects at the beginning of the year.
- Teachers will maintain a list of textbooks issued, including an identification number and condition of textbook when issued.
- Students are responsible for keeping track and maintaining their own textbooks and library books in good condition.
- If a student loses or damages a book, he/she is responsible for paying the replacement cost of the book.
- The school is not responsible for the loss of personal property. Therefore, no expensive items should be brought to school.
- Students are advised not to bring unnecessarily large sums of money to school.
- Lost items found at school will be placed in the lost and found areas located within the school.
- Items that are not claimed by the start of Winter Break or by the start of Summer Break will be donated to charity associations.
Cell Phone Policy
- Cell phones are strictly prohibited on school campus for elementary school students.
- For mid and high school students, please refer to the discipline policy.
- In the event the student is caught using a mobile, an action will be taken through the school administration. (Refer to the discipline policy.)
Wikispaces is a password-protected and monitored wiki organized by the school so that students are able to revise the class work and extra activities and games provided by the subject teachers.
In order to ensure students' protection and safety on the Internet and the respect of everyone involved, we ask that you follow the guidelines for appropriate and safe Internet behavior listed below:
- Understand that this site is an extension of school. All school rules apply.
- Students will be issued a user name by their teacher in order to join the wiki. User names must not be changed by students.
- Passwords are for your use only! Passwords are not to be shared with ANYONE inside or outside the classroom other than your parents.
- If you have any problem regarding your Wiki, refer to your computer teacher.
- Be respectful at all times and use appropriate language.
- Never make any changes or add any sorts of content to the site that are inappropriate.
- Do not make changes to this site that are outside the instructions and intent of this wiki.
Students who do not abide by these terms and conditions or the acceptable use policy will lose their opportunity to benefit from this service.
- Discipline is determined on an individual basis with parent communication. Consequences will be based on the severity of the circumstances and on the frequency of the student's misbehavior at school. Discipline will become more progressive and severe when a student decides not to follow the school rules.
- Depending on the situation the school administration, reserve the right to use extra measures other than the mentioned consequences such as:
- Loss of credit
- Open suspension
- Expulsion from the school for the remainder of the year or next school year